Favorite Pokemon Challenge: Day 3
6 Favorite Water Type Pokemon
Empoleon • Swampert • Oshawott • Milotic • Starmie • Manaphy
1. Empoleon, the steel penguin, boasts a unique typing in Water/Steel. With decent offenses and bulk, Empoleon can go on either the support or sweeper path. Aside from its competitive play capabilities its design is something I really admire as well.
2. Swampert the mud fish— this fascinating mud fish possesses a lot of competitive savvy. It has great bulk along with an array of coverage attacks. It’s attack stats aren’t that bad either. This heavy mud fish is always a part of my competitive team either as a support player, a tank, or an offensive behemoth.
3. Oshawott THE FREAKING KAWAII SEA OTTER. I NEED SAY NO MORE I AM JUST SO AMUSED BY ITS CUTENESS.
4. Milotic —okay this serpentine sea creature is just one of the most beautiful designs I have ever seen but that’s not all. Milotic also sports some competitive use as an annoying bulky Water type. She can burn opposing Attackers with Scald while her amazing Special Defense lets her sponge Special Attacks.
5. Starmie—finally a first generation Pokemon. What I really like about Starmie is the plethora of competitive use that it has. The starfish can be built either as support spinner or an all out sweeper with its insane Speed. I also admire how it’s the only Water type with decent Special Attacking power that can learn both Ice Beam and Thunderbolt, two attacks with unmatched type coverage.
6. Manaphy is an unusual legendary Pokemon. It can be bred, but its offspring will never be itself but a Phione. Manaphy has Tail Glow which raises Special Attack by 150% per use and a well balanced stat spread which means it has great bulk and offensive prowess on both special and physical sides.